Key Dates Announced for 83rd Academy Awards®
Beverly Hills, CA — The 83rd Annual Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday,
February 27, 2011, Academy President Tom Sherak announced today.
The ceremony will again take place at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network.
Key dates currently scheduled are:
• Saturday, November 13, 2010: Governors Awards presentation
• Wednesday, December 1, 2010: Official Screen Credits forms due
• Monday, December 27, 2010: Nominations ballots mailed
• Friday, January 14, 2011: Nominations polls close 5 p.m. PT
• Tuesday, January 25, 2011: Nominations announced 5:30 a.m. PT, Samuel Goldwyn Theater
• Wednesday, February 2, 2011: Final ballots mailed
• Monday, February 7, 2011: Nominees Luncheon
• Saturday, February 12, 2011: Scientific and Technical Awards presentation
• Tuesday, February 22, 2011: Final polls close 5 p.m. PT
• Sunday, February 27, 2011: 83rd Annual Academy Awards presentation
# # #
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is the world’s preeminent movie-related organization, with a membership of more than 6,000 of the most accomplished men and women working in cinema. In addition to the annual Academy Awards – in which the members vote to select the nominees and winners – the Academy presents a diverse year-round slate of public programs, exhibitions and events; provides financial support to a wide range of other movie-related organizations and endeavors; acts as a neutral advocate in the advancement of motion picture technology; and, through its Margaret Herrick Library and Academy Film Archive, collects, preserves, restores and provides access to movies and items related to their history. Through these and other activities the Academy serves students, historians, the entertainment industry and people everywhere who love movies.
FOLLOW THE ACADEMY
8949 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD | BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90211-1907
(310) 247-3090 TEL | (310) 271-3395 FAX | PUBLICITY@OSCARS.ORG | WWW.OSCARS.ORG/PRESS